The internet has billions of pages packed with information, much of which is potentially valuable to businesses. The ability to obtain and compare data offers a huge range of opportunities if you know how to exploit it. Unfortunately, this information is displayed in a disorderly, unstructured and hidden way on the different pages under very different formats.
To this day, there are still many companies that dedicate the time of their members to collect data of interest to the organization (grants, tenders, competition results ...) however, this data extraction can be a largely automated measure.
This automation process, known as web scraping, consists of the procedure of data extraction from different websites and restructuring it for storage and analysis. This is possible thanks to bots, robots programmed to crawl websites, analyze their content and classify it based on our interests. These bots can be programmed in a personalized way catering to our needs and rescue for us the data we are looking for.
What kind of information can they track? The possibilities are enormous, but these are some of the most common uses:
- Price comparators.
- Surveillance of official gazettes.
- Content alerts.
- Changes in web pages.
- Extraction of information contained in PDF or images.
- Marketing and market research.
- Obtaining financial information.
- Competitor analysis.
- Relevant information from our target audience.
- Automating these processes offers countless advantages over manual search:
- Obtaining thousands of data in an automated way.
- Updated information.
- Time and cost savings.
- Integration of the results with other tools.
- Possibility of reading unstructured data.
At BotScraper, we help you by collecting the data you need and making it available to you in an orderly manner. We can provide them in a report or, if you prefer, we can develop software that allows you to exploit and analyze them according to your requirements.
If you want to receive more information on data extraction, please contact us at www.botscraper.com now.